The Kikuyu variety of lawn grown by Austurf has vigorous growth. Its complexion is made up of a broad leaf and is of a broad runner style. This style of lawn is not shade tolerant and requires full sun.
Kikuyu lawn, a runner grass which is vigorous and easy to grow.
Care and maintenance:
- full sun
- fertilise in spring with a slow release fertiliser
- fertilise again at the end of summer
- tolerant of heavy wear and traffic
- vigorous and easy to grow grass
- requires mowing once a week throughout summer
- may send runners into your garden and these will need to be trimmed off